How do I know if I’m a good candidate for a facelift?December 23, 2015
Most of our clients that schedule a consultation at The AWC let us know that they don’t feel as old on the inside as they think they’re beginning to look on the outside. If you feel like you don’t look like yourself lately because your face is showing the natural signs of aging, perhaps you’re ready for a facelift.
Once you’ve made the decision to have a facelift, how do you know if you’re actually a good candidate for the procedure?
An ideal facelift candidate:
- Is between the ages of 40 and 70, although older clients are occasionally considered.
- Is looking for high quality, long-lasting results.
- Is both physically and mentally healthy; a non smoker, and near their ideal weight.
- Has skin and soft tissue on the face and neck that sags with deep wrinkles and jowls, but still maintains some elasticity.
- Has reasonable and realistic expectations, and understands the recovery time. Comes to a consultation with a prepared list of questions so nothing goes unanswered.
It’s important to remember that a facelift is not meant to completely alter your appearance or make you look like someone else. A facelift is a way to restore and enhance a youthful appearance, boost your self-confidence, and help you look and feel your very best!