Temporal Brow Lift in Boston
- Dr. Ahn only performs cosmetic surgery on the face and neck.
- Dr. Ahn uses a small incision technique that hides within your hair.
- The Temporal Brow Lift only lifts the outer (temporal) part of the eyebrow. This avoids any chance of a “surprised” look.
- Dr. Ahn has an accredited, private office surgical suite located in the greater Boston area, central to all of New England.
Dr. Ahn’s temporal brow lift approach emphasizes the following principles:
- Natural looking results
- Creating an aesthetically pleasing arched eyebrow
- Avoiding with 100% certainty the “surprised” look
Types of brow lift surgery
Surgical correction of the aging brow has evolved immensely over time. The coronal brow lift, which is done by using an incision that extends from one ear to the other, is no longer standard practice. Less invasive approaches such as the endoscopic brow lift or short incision temporal lift are increasingly popular. Surgeons like Dr. Ahn, who prefer the temporal lift, feel that it focuses on lifting the only part of the brow that needs to be corrected- the outer, temporal portion.
Why does the brow age?
To answer this, first consider the ideal, youthful eyebrow. It has two particular characteristics:
- An arch with its highest point on a line through the outer corner of the eye.
- An outer, temporal, portion that sits above the rim of the eye socket in women and at the rim in men.
With age, the temporal portion of the eyebrow tends to descend below the rim of the eye socket. This results in a tired appearance with hooding that covers the outer eyelid. Any patient with outer hooding and a droopy brow is a candidate for a procedure that lifts the brow.
Highlights of the Temporal Brow Lift
- The procedure is performed as an isolated procedure or in combination with an eyelid lift or facelift.
- It is performed under local anesthesia with sedation.
- The incision is hidden behind the hairline in the upper temple hair bearing scalp.
- The skin and outer eyebrow are lifted in an upward and outward direction.
For patients in good general health, all surgeries are performed at the Aesthetic Surgery Center, our on site, private, accredited office-based surgical suite. The Aesthetic Surgery Center is accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO), which is the accrediting agency for hospitals and outpatient surgical facilities.
All procedures at the Aesthetic Surgery Center are performed under intravenous sedation, also known as “twilight anesthesia.” We feel that procedures performed under twilight anesthesia are safer (without the risks of general anesthesia) and lead to a quicker and easier recovery.
Recovery after temporal brow lift
Immediately after the surgery a certain degree of swelling and bruising of the outer forehead is normal. Cold compresses, as well as head elevation when lying down, will speed healing and relieve discomfort. The bruising and swelling will usually last for the first 7-10 days. Patients rarely feel significant pain and are quite comfortable with oral pain medication. The stitches are removed at approximately one week.
Depending on how quickly you recover, you may expect to resume light activity within a week to 10 days and start enjoying your new look within approximately 10-14 days.
If you have a special event planned, Dr. Ahn advises that you allow at least 3-4 weeks of recovery before the event.
Cost of a Brow Lift
We are often asked what does a brow lift, also known as a temple lift, cost. The reality is it varies from person to person. The cost of a brow lift ultimately depends on how much work will need to be done and what, if any part, can be covered through insurance.
Brow Lift Costs Not Covered by Insurance
Because most brow and temple lifts are primarily performed to reduce the signs of aging on the upper eyelids, forehead and eyebrows, most insurance companies consider it an elective cosmetic procedure. Cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance. At the Aesthetic Wellness Center, our costs associated with a temple lift involve three separate components:
- The surgeon’s fee
- The anesthesia fee
- The cost for the facility
According to the American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons, the average cost of a brow lift is approximately $5,500. The actual price for prospective patients will ultimately depend on how much work the surgeon will need to perform to create the desired look. The surgeon’s experience as well as geographical location can also impact the total cost of a brow lift.
Brow Lift Price Estimates at the Aesthetic Wellness Center
Here at the Aesthetic Wellness Center we like to provide patients with all of the costs associated with a temple lift at the time of consultation.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
You may be able to find doctors that will perform the surgery cheaper, but make sure you understand why. As the saying goes, “you get what you pay for.” When you find a procedure at an unusually low rate, err on the side of caution. Before considering any life-changing surgery, it is important to look at:
- Experience: How many years a doctor has been in business will impact the price you pay. Obviously, a doctor who has performed thousands of brow lifts will likely cost you more than a doctor who has only performed a handful.
- Credentials: Make sure you know what schools your doctor attended as well as the certifications he or she attained. Where a surgeon received his medical training can also impact the cost of the desired medical procedure.
- Location: Different parts of the country have different costs and the quality of the facility can command higher pricing.
- Reviews: When looking for a qualified doctor, reviews can be extremely helpful. This, too, can factor into surgery costs. A great place to read reviews on cosmetic procedures is at Vitals.com.
- Anesthetists: As with your surgeon, make sure you know his or her credentials, experience and educational background.
Financing the Cost of Your Brow Lift
The Aesthetic Wellness Center also offers financing to pay for brow lift costs. Find out more about our financing options and schedule your own consultation with Dr. Ahn.
About ‘The Aesthetic Wellness Center’ and Dr. Ahn
Dr. Min S. Ahn is a top-rated surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery. His team at The Aesthetic Wellness Center offers the latest techniques for aesthetic facial rejuvenation, making his practice the preferred choice for many clients. The ultimate goal of The Aesthetic Wellness Center is to enhance and rejuvenate the natural beauty of their patients for results they will love.