Dr. Ahn’s Top Ten Tips to Looking and Feeling Your Very Best in 2017February 1, 2017
Red Carpet Season has officially kicked-off and celebs are turning to the latest tips and tricks to look better than ever for the occasion!
Dr. Min S. Ahn, double board certified Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon, offers his “Top Ten Tips to Looking and Feeling Your Very Best in 2017”:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water per day, your skin will thank you! Dehydration leads to skin that looks dull and dry, adding years to your appearance. You can also enhance that hydration glow with a hydrating cream such as SkinMedica’s HA-5.
- Eliminate alcohol from your diet. We all know that these are extra calories we don’t need but most are unaware that alcohol also makes you retain water leading to a bloated appearance.
- Smooth and tighten your skin. Try a new procedure such as Fractora which is a revolutionary radiofrequency fractionated treatment that does more to tighten the skin than other machines on the market. This non-surgical option is popular due to its brief downtime of about 3-4 days.
- Do at least 10-20 minutes of HIIT training, 5 days per week. I encourage any type of exercise but I love HIIT in particular because you can rev up your metabolism and burn a significant number of calories in a very short period of time. In addition to burning calories, exercise also helps with depression and anxiety.
- Winter warning – sun protection. With summer being a distant memory, winter brings its own set of dangers for the skin as most don’t think to use sunscreen. Protect your face, neck and décolletage every day with a high-quality sunscreen. Look for one such as SkinMedica Total Defense & Repair that prevents against UVA, UVB, and infrared rays. This sunscreen also improves skin firmness, tightness, and elasticity.
- Try one of the most recently FDA approved fillers. “Volbella” just became available and my patients love it because results are noticeable immediately. This filler adds subtle volume to your lips, and smooths out those fine lip lines. I always recommend allowing for a day or two of down time afterwards as some patients may experience swelling or bruising.
- Minimize your added sugar intake. Limit sugar to no more than 25-50 grams per day. Too much sugar will increase inflammation, which potentially results in sagging skin and wrinkles. It can also make skin conditions, such as acne and rosacea, worse.
- Aim for healthier food options and practice portion control. Add common sense to your diet — extreme measures such as eliminating carbs and depriving yourself won’t get you the body you want.
- Eliminate stubborn fat that is exercise resistant. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive procedure that will remove unwanted fat such as bra bulge, double chin and saddlebags as well as such common trouble spots as inner thighs, abdomen, flanks and knees. Patients who opt for CoolSculpting do so because no matter how much they exercise or diet, they still have stubborn areas of fat. And, unlike liposuction and other treatments, CoolSculpting is non-invasive, non-surgical, and has hardly any downtime.
- Be confident and project a positive attitude. Confidence is sexy!
ABOUT DR. AHN
Dr. Ahn specializes in facial aesthetic rejuvenation and understands that patients need individualized care depending on their goals and expectations. Using his artistic eye, surgical experience and wide-ranging skills, he guides his clients through this highly personal process – whether it is a minimally invasive treatment or a cosmetically transforming surgery.