Juvéderm Voluma Treatments at the Aesthetic Wellness Center
Dr. Ahn and the staff at the AWC are excited to offer the latest filler, Juvéderm Voluma XC. Juvéderm Voluma XC is the first and only FDA-approved filler for adding volume to the cheeks.
- Gives a subtle lift
- Lasts for up to 2 years
- Look up to 5 years younger
Recovery After the Treatment
- Immediately afterwards, there will likely be redness of the skin and possibly some bruising. Redness resolves within 24-48 hours whereas bruising can last for several days. With the use of cannulas, there is often no bruising at all. One can usually cover the area with makeup.
- Rarely does the patient feel discomfort after the procedure.
- Lumps and irregularities can occur as well and usually can be massaged out by the injector.
- Most patients are advised not to have the treatment done within 24 hours of an important event so as to avoid others noticing.
How Does Juvéderm Voluma XC Work?
The treatment is performed in an examination room and takes about 15-30 minutes.
The area to be treated is numbed according to the patient’s level of tolerance and can include one or more of the following:
- Topical Anesthesia
- Local Anesthesia
In the clinical study, treated patients felt they looked 5 years younger when asked 6 months after the treatment.