Tear Trough Treatments for Tired, Hollow Eyes
Filler treatments for tear troughs can reduce the appearance of puffy and tired eyes. In our 30’s and 40’s the tear trough, which is the groove under the eye, along the rim, can become depressed and hollow. This can result in a few problems including:
- Dark under eye circles
- The eyes look puffy
- The person looks tired
How Does it Work?
- The treatment typically takes about 15 minutes and is done in the exam room.
- The lower eyelid area is cleaned and made numb with ice.
- Ultrafine threads of the filler are carefully placed along the rim, to fill the groove without making it look overfilled.
Recovery After the Treatment
- Often there is no bruising but approximately 10% of the time there can be a small bruise about the size of an eraser tip.
- If there is bruising, one can usually cover the area with makeup.
- Arnica and ice are provided to minimize bruising if it occurs.
- Rarely does the patient feel discomfort after the procedure.
- Patients can resume normal activity immediately though we advise not exercising for 24 hours.
- Most patients are advised not to have the treatment done within 24 hours of an important event.