Liquid Lifts at the Aesthetic Wellness Center
A liquid lift is when a filler, such as Juvéderm or Restylane, is used to fill folds and add volume to strategic areas of the face to create a “lifted” appearance.
- The advantage of such treatments is that it is non-surgical and has minimal to no downtime.
- The disadvantage is that the treatment is not permanent and lasts approximately 1- 1 ½ years.
How Does it Work?
- The treatment typically takes about 30 minutes and is done in the exam room. First a careful analysis of the face is performed to determine where the filler is needed.
- We don’t just put the filler in the cheeks and call it a “lift.”
- The area is made numb to ensure comfort.
- We use blunt tipped cannulas that result in less bruising, swelling and discomfort.
- Fine threads of the filler are placed in the right plane to achieve a natural looking rejuvenation.
Recovery After the Treatment
- Immediately afterwards, there will likely be redness, slight swelling and rarely some bruising. Redness resolves within 24 hours. If there is bruising, one can usually cover the area with makeup.
- Rarely does the patient feel discomfort after the procedure.
- Most patients are advised not to have the treatment done within 24 hours of an important event.