Juvéderm Lip Augmentation in Boston
- Natural looking results
- Shaping of the lips versus making them bigger
- Avoiding with 100% certainty the “fish mouth” look
- We place multiple fine threads of the Juvéderm to shape the lips.
- We use blunt tipped cannulas that result in less bruising, swelling and discomfort.
- We make the lips absolutely numb so that the patient is comfortable as possible.
- We place the Juvéderm in the right plane so that it lasts a long time.
- We place the Juvéderm in the right plane so that it does not cause excessive bruising.
How Does Lip Augmentation Work?
The treatment is performed in an examination room and takes about 15-30 minutes.
The area to be treated is numbed according to the patient’s level of tolerance and can include one or more of the following:
- Topical anesthesia
- Local anesthesia
- We accentuate the cupid’s bow (M-arch of the central upper lip)
- We define the border to smooth lines and create definition
- We add volume in specific areas to mimic youthful lips
Recovery After Juvéderm Lip Treatment
Immediately afterwards, there will likely be redness, slight swelling and possibly some bruising. Redness resolves within 24-48 hours whereas bruising can last for several days. One can usually cover the area with makeup. Rarely does the patient feel discomfort after the procedure. Most patients are advised not to have the treatment done within 24 hours of an important event.