Wrinkles are inevitable, but that doesn’t mean you can’t fight back. Injectables like Botox, Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma dermal filler, as well as laser treatments like Fraxel repair and DUAL laser help reduce wrinkles without the downtime of surgery.
Consider some non-surgical alternatives to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles:
- Skin-tightening procedures, such as the Fraxel repair laser, use laser energy to heat deeper skin layers and stimulate your own collagen production. This allows underlying tissue to contract, resulting in tighter skin.
- The Fraxel DUAL laser treatments use two lasers in a single treatment to penetrate the superficial and deep layers of the skin and result in two important processes: collagen production and brown pigment removal.
- Fillers add volume to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. They create a more youthful look by restoring volume to specific areas of the face – fat pads that naturally lose volume over time. The most popular fillers contain hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance that we all have in our bodies. We use the most popular ones that comprise theJuvederm dermal filler family, including the latest addition,Juvederm Voluma dermal filler.
- Botox injections use a purified protein derived from the botulinum toxin, which relaxes the muscle right underneath a wrinkle, and allows the skin to lie smoothly.
Though these non-surgical alternatives have remarkable results, it is important to remain realistic. Non-invasive techniques will give you a more naturally youthful appearance by freshening skin texture and restoring volume to your face, but these treatments will not have the same effect as actual surgery.
To keep your face looking young and healthy for as long as you can without getting any work done, follow these simple tips. These are some easy ways you can help prevent wrinkles in your everyday life!
- Avoid the sun and wear sunscreen – sun is the number one cause of wrinkles!
- Don’t smoke – it ages skin.
- Get enough sleep –which helps skin remain thick and more “elastic.”
- Sleep on your back (if you can!) – sleeping on your side increases wrinkles on cheeks.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables – antioxidants!
- Use a moisturizer designed for your skin type – don’t let your face dry out.
- Don’t over-wash your face – you’ll wash away natural oils that protect against wrinkles.
If you would like more information about ways you can help prevent wrinkles or to learn more about procedures that help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, please contact the helpful staff at The AWC. We are more than happy to help!